Pregnancy Relaxation Workshop
Soothe your nervous system with this nurturing, informative relaxation workshop for pregnant women.
Activating the parasympathetic nervous system (the relaxation response) is crucial for regulating the hormones that you need for a healthy pregnancy. However, our modern lifestyles are hectic. We easily get caught up in being busy and often don’t place enough emphasis on the importance of rest. On top of that, getting comfortable can be quite difficult – especially in the later stages of pregnancy – making rest and relaxation feel pretty elusive!
Over the course of 2 hours, you will be guided through some restful yoga postures and massage practices to help you activate a relaxation response. We will also provide you with some tips and techniques to help you rest at home.
We will end the workshop with herbal teas and treats. Every Mum-to-be will also receive a goody bag.
– Comfortable, restorative postures to nourish and support your changing body and help you create space.
– Massage to relieve tension in common areas like neck, shoulders and lower back.
– A pregnancy-specific Yoga Nidra to guide you into a deeply relaxed state.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
– The importance of relaxation for you and your baby.
– Which scented oils are safe to use in pregnancy and birth.
– How to create a relaxing environment using the 5 senses.
– Self/partner massage techniques.
All equipment provided.
No experience of yoga or massage necessary.
Open to all pregnant women in 2nd & 3rd trimesters.