* Open-to-all Yoga Nidra Class on 20 February in Half Term *
Anyone can practise Yoga Nidra – there are no specific techniques or special skills required. It can be practised anytime but is particularly beneficial in times of stress, during pregnancy, and when you are feeling run-down or fatigued.
Yoga Nidra helps:
* activate the relaxation response
* improve the functioning of your nervous and endocrine systems
* balance left and right brain
* regenerate and repair cells
* decrease anxiety and lift your mood
In Yoga Nidra classes, we move through some gentle stretches to prepare the body to lie (or sit) in comfortable stillness. Then we will move onto the practice itself, which brings awareness to the body and breath in specific ways to trigger the relaxation response, before gradually bringing the mind back to a waking state.