Mum and Baby Yoga
Your body has just done one of the most amazing things it will ever do: grow another human being. Much of your focus and energy will understandably be on your baby, but remember that you also need to take care of yourself.
Your delivery may have been complicated or straight-forward. You may have had a caesarean birth (C-section) or vaginal delivery. You may have laboured for a few hours or a few days. No matter what your delivery looked like, your body has been through a trauma. It needs time to recover.
bendy yoga provides nurturing, inclusive postpartum (postnatal is the descriptive term for the baby, not the mummy!) recovery yoga classes for mums and pre-crawler babies. Classes are small and friendly with a maximum of 6 Mums and their babies in each class to adhere to social distancing requirements. Suitable for Mums 6 weeks post-delivery, provided fit and well. Special precautions and considerations required with abdominal complications and Caesarean births.
BENEFITS FOR MUM
* Postpartum specific postures with tailored postural adaptations
* Ways to relieve neck/shoulder tension
* Postures to rebuild strength and muscle tone
* Exercises to increase pelvic floor and core stability
* Postures and breath work to lift and revitalise energy levels
* Time to bond with your baby
* An opportunity to meet other mums and share experiences
BENEFITS FOR BABY
* Gentle movement to increase comfort from wind/colic/constipation
* Positive touch and rhyme to both stimulate and calm.
WHAT TO BRING
FOR YOU – your own yoga equipment (a mat, a flat block or cushion, a blanket and a non-stretchy scarf), plus a full water bottle.
FOR BABY – a blanket for your baby to lie on, a favourite toy or rattle.
No other special equipment is required – you just need to wear comfortable clothes you can move in. They can have baby sick on them – it doesn’t matter!