Postnatal Mum and Baby Yoga
NEW block starting 6th November
Each class £10.
Classes run for 5 weeks with 6 weeks to use them as I know how unpredictable life can be with a new baby! Should you make all 6 classes, the extra £10 is payable at the last class.
Your body has just done one of the most amazing things it will ever do: grow another human being. Much of your focus and energy will understandably be on your baby, but remember that you also need to take care of yourself.
Your delivery may have been complicated or straight-forward. You may have had a caesarean birth (C-section) or vaginal delivery. You may have laboured for a few hours or a few days. No matter what your delivery looked like, your body has been through a trauma. It needs time to recover.
bendy yoga provides nurturing, inclusive postnatal recovery yoga classes for mums and pre-crawler babies. Classes are small and friendly with a maximum of 8 Mums and their babies in each class. Suitable for Mums 6 weeks post-delivery, provided fit and well. Special precautions and considerations required with abdominal complications and Caesarean births.
BENEFITS FOR MUM
* Postnatal specific postures with tailored postural adaptations suitable for the postpartum body
* Ways to relieve neck/shoulder tension
* Postures to rebuild strength and muscle tone
* Exercises to increase pelvic floor and core stability
* Postures and breath work to lift and revitalise energy levels
* Time to bond with your baby
* An opportunity to meet other mums and share experiences
BENEFITS FOR BABY
* Gentle movement to increase comfort from wind/colic/constipation
* Positive touch and rhyme to both stimulate and calm.
What to bring:
Please bring a blanket for your baby to lie on and a full water bottle for you. No other special equipment is required – you just need to wear comfortable clothes you can move in. They can have baby sick on them – it doesn’t matter!